Jump to content

Stormy

Sysops
  • Posts

    1840
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    43

Everything posted by Stormy

  1. Since we're telling Lawyer Jokes today A blonde and a lawyer are seated next to each other on a flight from LA to NY. The lawyer asks if she would like to play a fun game? The blonde, tired, just wants to take a nap, politely declines and rolls over to the window to catch a few winks. The lawyer persists and explains that the game is easy and a lot of fun. He explains, "I ask you a question, and if you don't know the answer, you pay me $5.00, and vice versa. " Again, she declines and tries to get some sleep. The lawyer, now agitated, says, "Okay, if you don't know the answer you pay me $5.00, and if I don't know the answer, I will pay you $500.00." This catches the blonde's attention and, figuring there will be no end to this torment unless she plays, agrees to the game. The lawyer asks the first question. "What's the distance from the earth to the moon?" The blonde doesn't say a word, reaches into her purse, pulls out a $5.00 bill and hands it to the lawyer. "Okay" says the lawyer, "your turn." She asks the lawyer, "What goes up a hill with three legs and comes down with four legs?" The lawyer, puzzled, takes out his laptop computer and searches all his references, no answer. He taps into the air phone with his modem and searches the net and the library of congress, no answer. Frustrated, he sends e-mails to all his friends and coworkers, to no avail. After an hour, he wakes the blonde, and hands her $500.00. The blonde says, "Thank you," and turns back to get some more sleep. The lawyer, who is more than a little miffed, wakes the blonde and asks, "Well, what's the answer?" Without a word, the blonde reaches into her purse, hands the lawyer $5.00, and goes back to sleep. And you thought blondes were dumb.
  2. Armed Forces Day in the US is celebrated on the third Saturday in May, My 20th in 2017
  3. Stormy

    Only in America

    LOL
  4. Yeah, they are, when I see a recent photo of one it makes me kind of wish I was still on one.
  5. For Comparison, here are some specs from the USS America, my first carrier. This was a huge carrier in her day, but note the Displacement variance between America and Ford. As time passes and Aircraft become larger and faster, carriers become longer, wider and heavier.
  6. Koach, here are some of the specs for the Ford.
  7. NO, my uncle was on that ship at one point. the ones I was on were much larger. I've posted some specs below for comparison. Also I have the dates wrong, I was going by what someone else told me, that picture was after 1955, that's when the angled flight deck was added, sorry.
  8. Stormy

    Typical dog

    Just hope it ain't this one:
  9. Stormy

    My hippy days

    What do you mean "were" I still am.
  10. Stormy

    My hippy days

    LOL
  11. Stormy

    My hippy days

    LOL In the 70s, I mostly wore a pair of boots like these for casual dress http://tinyurl.com/ltwsjyt
  12. Stormy

    Found Doggy

    A dog we found trying to dig under our fence :)
  13. ROFL Good ones Old Man.
  14. Yep, 4 and a half hours of shock and awe.
  15. Thanks for suggesting that this could be almost considered as a sequel to "The Black Wave" I went back and reread that story and I completely agree, almost like "Black Wave: Redux"
  16. Beautiful pup. I love boxers
  17. Stormy

    Women in leather

    ROFL sad but true, nonetheless.
  18. Sorry to hear about Uncle Bill, but what an honor to have his ashes spread that way. That link, BTW, is quite informative, though it could do with a bit of judicious proofreading.
  19. Stormy

    The Haircut

    One day a florist went to a barber for a haircut. After the cut, he asked about his bill, and the barber replied: 'I cannot accept money from you; I'm doing community service this week.' The florist was pleased and left the shop. When the barber went to open his shop the next morning, there was a 'thank you' card and a dozen roses waiting for him at his door. Later, a cop comes in for a haircut, and when he tries to pay his bill, the barber again replied: 'I cannot accept money from you; I'm doing community service this week.' The cop was happy and left the shop. The next morning when the barber went to open up, there was a 'thank you ' card and a dozen donuts waiting for him at his door. Then a Congressman came in for a haircut, and when he went to pay his bill, the barber again replied: 'I cannot accept money from you. I'm doing community service this week.' The Congressman was very happy and left the shop. The next morning, when the barber went to open up, there were a dozen Congressmen lined up waiting for a free haircut. And that, my friends, illustrates the fundamental difference between the citizens of our country and the politicians who run it. BOTH POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON!
  20. Stormy

    New Here

    Good to have you joining us RAiN, I'm hoping to see much more of you in the future. Welcome to our world
  21. Thanks Steve, I'm sorry I didn't tell you before.
  22. Leave no bird behind!!
×
×
  • Create New...